Monday, March 8, 2010

3.8.10 "TODAY, I AM LISTENING TO..."

RIKAKO, JAPAN

I love this catchy song. It is especially suitable for the starting of a new day for me. I change the lyrics like this: "I gotta feeling. That's TODAY's gonna be a good DAY!" It is really uplifting.



LOLA, UTAH


Priscilla Ahn - Dream
I LOVE the lyrics of this song. It reminds me of eating graham crackers and drinking peppermint tea in my friend's backyard play house when we were six. I remember feeling so big. Like a real lady, having real tea at a fancy, grown up table. The singer's voice is also really beautiful and pure.


BUCKEROOMAMA, HONG KONG


Chris Rice - Lemonade


SUKI, GERMANY

Train - Hey, Soul Sister (Unofficial Video)


CORNELIA, SOUTH AFRICA


Regina Spektor - Fidelity



TEZZIE, FINLAND


Frida - Dunka mig gul & blÄ
Here's a link to a song that has caught my ear the past few weeks (it's actually from Sweden...and about a year old, but I think it's catchy and Swedish speakers will recognize the cool accent the singer has ;D).



SARAH, GEORGIA


Brooke Fraser - Shadowfeet

SALMA, CANADA

This song is about two lovers separated after one dies. They are speaking to each other about the fact that it can never be.
I loved this song years ago, but after Hussein died, I listened to it from a different point of view. I felt helpless and alone, but I also felt hopeful, and I wanted to say these words to him when I visited his grave (I have never visited his grave).

Here's the chorus:in English (it's hard to translate from French to English but this is close)

don't feel regret
just trust me and think
about all those "no way"
about the indifference of feelings
don't feel regret
swear it for me
because you know
that autumn and winter just can't love each other


BECKY, PHILADELPHIA

Chris Tomlin - Amazing Love
My favorite thing about this song is that it is a great reminder to me that no matter how many mistakes and failures I have, Jesus will accept me and love me!

KATIE, INDONESIA

Adele - Chasing Pavements (Live acoustic)

7 comments:

  1. THIS is my favorite post so far! I love music and LOVED listening to everyone's songs!!

    Lola -- I am going STRAIGHT to iTunes to download that song!

    Buckeroomama -- LOVE Chris Rice :) We had 'Welcome to Our World' played at our son's baptism!

    Becky -- Love Chris Tomlin and that song :)

    Did you all know that March 8 is International Women's Day? Happy IWD to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great songs....nice for my Monday enjoyment, beauty on the ears. Happy Monday ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It's so great to be able to listen to the different music that each one of us is listening to... Maybe we should do this more often (hint, hint). It's such a good way to discover new music! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great to hear everyones favourite music. Can we do this again?
    Sarah, I especially like yours. I can not stop listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hey soul sister video was great. I liked the music and the video reminded me of how much I liked to make colages when I was in high school. I wish I had a stack of magazines right now so I could make one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! We will definitely have to do this at least once a month! I love, love, loved listening in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED listening to everyone's songs - old favourites and now NEW favourites. Great idea definitely worth repeating.

    Lola - I adore that song too. I've always wanted to go back and sit with "little Katie" - to play with her, hug her and tell her everything will be wonderful and that the hard times will work themselves out. This song reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete